Pages

Friday 16 September 2011

New Season Sensations

What To Wear?
Having the low-down on what's up and coming for the new season is essential if you don't want to spend endless amounts of time window shopping and coming up short.  Or, as I have in the past, buying fashion duds that don't stand the test of time.  This is my magazine of choice for the new season over-view; Simply You always has a selection of styles that seem to suit all sizes and budgets.  I have been buying the summer and winter issues for many years now and swear by the magazines ability to show a variety of what's available for women in New Zealand.  

Wardrobe Planning:
My list making comes to the fore when the new issue if out, as I take stock of what I've already got and what I need to look out for.  I have already summed up my fabric stash for block colour combinations.
Colour blocking
The purple, pink, royal blue, red, turquoise and greens are my choice.  Unfortunately, orange is not my favourite and yellow makes me look like I'm sick, so no matter what the fashion season holds I'll be avoiding those two shades and leave it to those who wear it well.  At the moment I've got quite a list of thrift store finds and what to look for on my next visits.  The thrift stores in the nearest city are becoming very popular; possibly a sign of the times in more than one way.  When money is short people become very savvy in how they spend their pay each week.  For me I went back to sewing my own clothes out of frustration in not being able to find quality clothing at a decent price.  Also, I became adept at finding bargains in thrift shops.  Yes, it can be time consuming to seek out the best quality clothing, with a dash of designer brands now and then.  You need to have a good memory to remember what you already have sitting at home and how you can put together combinations that work.  This is always a challenge, but well worth the effort.    

No comments:

Post a Comment