Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Me-Made-June '11 Challenge

It's already June and I'm just starting to put together an inventory and some aims for the challenge.  I started off well by completing my UFO's ready for June and then was unable to add any new posts due to my work commitments.  Roswell Week was completed over two weekends; so much for the 7 days and sewing after work.  My sewing output doesn't seem to be very successful after a full day of work!
So here goes:

This time last year I got a box full of pattterns from a fundraiser for $1.00.  It was the second day of the fundraiser, which obviously meant that they thought they would get landed with what was left and may have to take everything else that was left over to the rubbish dump. 

This was one of the thirty multi-size patterns (size 8-22) that was in the box!   The patterns vary from the late 1970's to approximately 1984, along with some seasonal booklets showing variations in the basic patterns, plus a design book explaining how to slash and spread to adapt patterns. The illustrations in the booklets are all very '80s, but the styles can easily be adapted. 

I have always liked cowl neck tops for summer and winter.  I'm sure I have at least half a dozen recent handmades from this pattern, or a simlar pattern I already had in my stash.


This is another pattern that I like to use, which I bought for the speedy sewing: ten, twenty, thirty minute sewing.  I like the idea of being able to use this pattern to make a variety of garments for a capsule wardrobe. This concept is very popular and certainly makes it possible to get the most out of your wardrobe. 


I have made two versions of B, the shawl collar long-sleeved jacket, made from stretch knit jersey.

Everything I've made recently adds to my working wardrobe. Completing an inventory of recent handmades should force me to try to complete looks, so that I don't end up with too many stand alone garments that are difficult to mix and match.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting through Roswell week!I had to extend mine a little too due to no time but it was still good to have some kind of limit! That's a really versatile pattern, i never tend to see multi part ones where most of the bits are nice.

    ReplyDelete